Business development by FINNbiz Consultants. Who we are and what we do:
Alan Finn provides marketing and management consultancy, coaching, mentoring, training and support to FINNbiz Consultants’ clients in many aspects of running, developing and managing a business, specialising in business planning, sustaining growth and continuous improvement, increased sales, better marketing and business development, including new market entry, innovation, embedding a culture of innovation and new product or service development. He is a published author on the subjects of inventing, innovation and new product development (Bookboon, 2014) and on MBA degrees, management and marketing (Hodder and Stoughton, Jan 2016).
Alan Finn and FINNbiz Consultants have worked and/or are working with clients in the following industries:-
• Service industries eg electrical and electronic repairs companies, logistics and supply chain organisations, usually on marketing issues;
• Consultancies and creative agencies eg accountancy businesses, law firms, marketing and branding agencies;
• Licensing agents & IP Auditors, eg on issues concerning the licensing of IP;
• Construction industries, on business re-organisation and sales and marketing issues;
• Engineering and manufacturing, including engineering consultancies, usually on marketing or branding issues;
• Engineering design and development eg this is usually linked to consultancies and marketing issues;
• Precision engineering eg on branding and marketing issues;
• Electrical and electronics industries eg linked to engineering and manufacturing industries;
• Universities and education eg bringing industrial and commercial business to clients such as Kingston University, Lancaster University and the University of Warwick;
• Alan Finn is a trained and qualified mentor, helping senior managers in industry and commerce – one-on-one or one-to-many – to deal with personal and business issues.
Alan Finn developed a career in electrical and electronic engineering management, after several years at sea in the RN submarine service, followed by spells as a general manager and in international B2B marketing management for multinational engineering companies such as Honeywell and Schlumberger. He trained in engineering (I Eng) and then in marketing in blue-chip companies, gaining a post-graduate diploma in marketing and an MBA degree, specialising in strategic B2B marketing, to become a Chartered Marketer. More recently he has run international marketing and sales teams for multinational companies based in the UK and Denmark, successfully managing markets in Asia, Europe and the USA over 25 years. Over the last fourteen years, Alan has developed FINNbiz Consultants as a Fellow of the Institution of Engineering and Technology, a Fellow of the Institute of Measurement and Control, a Fellow of the Energy Institute and as an Associate Member of the Institution of Nuclear Engineers. A Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM) and a Fellow of the Institute of Direct and Digital Marketing, Alan is listed in the CIM’s consultants’ directory (http://cimmarketingexpert.co.uk/directory/default.aspx). Alan is a Fellow of the Chartered Management Institute (CMI), holding also the CMI’s certificate in Management Coaching and Mentoring (QCF) at level 5 and Alan is a Fellow of the Institute of Consulting (IC) and has been awarded the IC’s ultimate accolade as a Certified Management Consultant and is registered in the IC’s directory as a consultant – (see: http://www.iconsulting.org.uk/purchasing_consultancy/national_register).
For commercial or industrial business-to-business clients with consultancy, coaching, mentoring or training needs in management, marketing or in business development, then FINNbiz Consultants are keen to be involved. Call or e-mail for a free first exploratory meeting.
I studied for the Chartered Institiute of Marketing’s post-graduate diploma in marketing management in 1985-1986 →